Marina Stipanac is a trademark expert with Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall’s Intellectual Property Group. With over 19 years of experience, Marina is one of our trademark agents in Ottawa with expertise in helping her clients protect their trademark rights is unmatched. She has extensive experience in all matters related to trade-mark prosecution, including opposition and expungement proceedings. She also has experience advising both domestic and foreign in-house clients regarding their overall trade-mark strategies.
Marina is a member of a number of intellectual property association’s including the International Trademark Association (INTA), Intellectual Property of Canada (IPIC), and the Pharmaceutical Trademark Group. Marina is also a member of the IPIC-CIPO Bank of Speakers.
- B.A., English Language and Literature, University of Sarajevo, 1983
- Registered Canadian Trademark Agent, 2001
- Winner of Intellectual Property Institute of Canada’s Education Foundation Award for the highest mark on the Trademark Agent qualifying exam.
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Member, Pharmaceutical Trademark Group
- Member, Unreal Campaign Committee (INTA)
- Member, Joint Liaison Committee (IPIC)
- Member, IPIC-CIPO Bank of Speakers
- Speaker at INTA Administrator Conference
- Speaker at an INTA webinar on the topic of INTA Committee Leadership (2012)
- Table Topic Moderator at INTA meeting in San Diego, Dallas and Orlando
- Guest lecturer for law students at Ottawa University for the past 10 years. Topic: “Colour and Shape of Pharmaceuticals (Distinguishing Guise Trademarks)”
- "Seeing is NOT Believing: Trademark Solicitation Scams", Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, October 18, 2016.
- "CETA Update - More than Beer, Ham and Cheese", Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, March 2016.
- "Two Big Bills", Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, February 2015.
- "BRIE OR NOT TO BRIE: Geographical Indications in Canada", Perlaw Reporter, page 2, December 2013.
- "Good News for Owners of Certification Marks in Canada", Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, August 2013.
- "What’s New for Trade-mark Owners Doing Business in Quebec?", Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, February 2013.