Adrian C. O’Donnell
Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall LLP understands the importance of establishing, monitoring and enforcing your intellectual property to protect your company’s most valuable assets. A unique combination of patents, high technology expertise and industrial experience enables a patent specialist like Adrian O’Donnell to assist you with the services required to protect the value of your intellectual property assets.
With over 20 years experience in information technology including research and development, senior management and as an entrepreneur, Adrian leverages his experience to support both individuals, start-ups and established enterprises both nationally and internationally. Specializing in telecommunications, electronics, photonics, and manufacturing technologies, Adrian is able to support clients from software to hardware in both specialized and consumer markets.
Adrian managed a small intellectual property firm providing specialized patent and trademark services to companies of varying sizes within the information technology industry prior to joining Perley-Robertson, Hill and McDougall.
Believing in a proactive strategy for intellectual property, Adrian starts with direct engagement with design and technical teams to identify new intellectual property, assessing potential risks from external parties, and establishing an intellectual property strategy, before proceeding to secure early broad protection for technology and products, as well as managing your overall portfolio to address cost effective strategies to maximize returns and minimize risks.
- Bachelor of Physics, University of Birmingham, 1983
- Patent Agent Papers: Drafting (2006), Office Practice (2006) and Infringement (2008)
- “China & India Make Software Patenting Easier“, Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, February 1, 2018.
- “Brexit, European Patents and the Unified European Patent“, Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, January 11, 2017.
- “Fighting the Urge – Balancing Patentability and the Need to Disclose“, Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, August 15, 2016.
- “Software, Information Technology and Intellectual Property“, Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, August 2, 2011.
- “Business Method Patents – Where Do We Stand?“, Perlaw Reporter, March 2011