A firm Partner, Dirk Bouwer has provided primary leadership on complex mergers, acquisitions and financings ranging in price up to approximately $250 Million, making irreplaceable contributions to our clients’ businesses within the Business Law Group at Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall. Dirk has more than 20 years experience as a business lawyer in Ottawa, leading corporate and commercial transactions including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, and debt and equity financings. His experience across a wide range of industry sectors includes manufacturing, professional services, retail, telecommunications, cleantech and health. In addition to his legal and business credentials, Dirk offers the added expertise of a registered Trade-Mark agent.
His extensive experience allows him to quickly size up commercial transactions: to grasp the value of a transaction and to ensure that the right level of due diligence is performed. Dirk can be counted on to quickly identify potential problems or challenges; prepare requisite documents of transfer; and close any transaction with a high level of efficiency and professionalism. Timing can be crucial in commercial transactions, and our client’s time is always valuable. Dirk’s frank, straightforward approach, strong business acumen and unwavering commitment to client service have profited our clients greatly.
Dirk is active in the regional business community. Since January 2012, he has been on the Board of Directors of the Ottawa Board of Trade (formerly called the Ottawa Chamber of Commerce). Dirk was also President of the Kanata Chamber of Commerce from 2003 to 2004.
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 1994
- LL.B., McGill University, 1992
- B.A. (Hons.), Saint Thomas University, 1989
- Ottawa Board of Trade (Director)
- Kanata Chamber of Commerce (Past President)
- Registered Canadian Trade-mark Agent
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Former instructor, Bar Admission Course, Law Society of Upper Canada
- “Anticipating Increased Interest in Canada as a Place to do Business”, Techopia.ca, February 14, 2017.
- “Listing your Company on the TSX or TSX-V“, Ottawa Business Journal, July 2009.
- “Proposed Legislation Will Affect 19,000 Federal Non-Profit Corporations“, Ottawa Business Journal, July 2008.
- “Due Diligence in Business Acquisitions”, Ottawa Business Journal, July 2007.
- “Cross-Border Acquisitions using Unlimited Liability Corporations”, Ottawa Business Journal, February 2007.