Head of Tax Law Group
Gregory Sanders is head of Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall’s Tax Law Group. A graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School and a Chartered Professional Accountant, Gregory has almost 30 years in private client tax law. Businesses and individuals looking to enhance and preserve their net worth benefit from Gregory’s expertise in all key tax related areas: tax and estate planning, dealing with CRA, tax dispute resolution, Canada-US planning and international tax. Gregory also assists not-for profit entities and charities in ensuring their compliance with corporate and tax laws.
In tax law, where most issues have legal as well as financial implications, it requires a lawyer proficient in both areas to best protect client interests. At Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall, we have always relied on the expertise of lawyers like Gregory Sanders for the comprehensive solutions clients seek. Gregory Sanders and his team are known for offering direction and solutions that are easy to understand and implement, and get the results our clients seek.
Gregory has participated in numerous seminars and speaking engagements throughout his career including the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners annual conference, CICA conferences, Ottawa Estate Planning Council, STEP Ottawa, Law Society of Upper Canada Bar admission, IAFP conference, Canada- Barbados Business Association Conference, Ottawa Carleton law society Solicitors Conference and the Ottawa Business Journal.
- Admitted to Ontario & Canadian Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants, 1990
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 1988
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP designation)
- Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP designation)
- B.A., University of Waterloo
- LLB Osgoode Hall Law School
- Best Lawyers 2012-2017 in Tax Law, Trusts and Estates
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian and Ontario Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- International Fiscal Association
- International Tax Planning Association
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Board of Directors, Vice Chair of Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation
- Past Chair, Ottawa Jewish Community Foundation
- Past Chair, Royal Ottawa Foundation for Mental Health
- Board of Directors, Rockcliffe Hosers Corporation
- “Dealing with the Canada Revenue Agency“, Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, October 19, 2016.
- “The Use of Trusts“, Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, April 15, 2015.
- “The Power of CRA to Penalize Taxpayers Who Have Not Complied with the Income Tax Act“, Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, October 2012.
- “The Accidental American“, Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, April 2012.
- “Professional Services Corporation – Should You Take the Leap?“, Ottawa Business Journal, November 2009
- “Asset Protection From A Tax Law Perspective“, Ottawa Business Journal, June 2008