Katherine L. Shadbolt
Katherine Shadbolt is a partner at Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall, who has practiced exclusively in the area of family law for over 30 years. She provides a full range of services from initial consultations to advice, negotiations, and appearances at all levels of court proceedings—dealing with matters pertaining to parenting, child support, spousal support, property division, trusts and equalization issues.
Katherine is a trained mediator and arbitrator, and has completed training in collaborative family law, as well as intensive courses in dispute resolution, focused on advanced mediation and negotiation. She has contributed to seminars at the University of Ottawa Law School and has acted as a coach in courses offered by the Stitt Feld Handy Group.
Katherine has served as a Director on the Advocates’ Society Board and has contributed articles on recent cases to the Ontario Bar Association. She currently serves on the Board of the Ottawa Anglican Day Programs, an organization which provides dignity and services to those who are homeless or at risk of being homeless. She has been a Table Captain for the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation’s Championship Breakfast and is part of its Leadership Council.
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 1986
- LL.B., Dalhousie University Law School
- B.A. (Hon), Queen’s University
- Best Lawyers 2012-2022 in Family Law
- Advocates’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Family Mediation Canada
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Association for Family Mediation
- Former Director, Board of Directors, Advocates Society
- Board of Ottawa Day Programs
- Leadership Committee of the Ottawa Reginal Cancer Foundation of Ottawa and Volunteer for the Breakfast of Champions annual fundraiser
- Committee Member, Collaborative Family Law Panel (Ottawa)