Katherine L. Shadbolt
A partner at Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall, Katherine Shadbolt practices exclusively as one of our top Ottawa family lawyers. She provides a full range of services from initial consultations and advice to negotiations and appearances at all levels of court proceedings (including case conferences, settlement conferences, trial management conferences, motions, trials and appeals). She is also trained in collaborative practice and is a member of the Collaborative Family Law Panel.
Katherine is a trained mediator and has completed a number of courses in the area of dispute resolution, including mediation and advanced negotiation courses at Harvard University. She has acted regularly as a seminar leader at the University of Ottawa Law School and as a mediation coach with the Stitt Feld Handy Group.
Katherine has authored and presented papers and chaired seminars on a range of family law issues. She has served as a Director on the Advocates’ Society Board and currently serves on the Board of Centre 454, an organization which provides a range of services to those who are homeless or at risk of being homeless in Ottawa.
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 1986
- LL.B., Dalhousie University Law School
- B.A. (Hon), Queen’s University
- Best Lawyers 2012-2020 in Family Law
- Advocates’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Family Mediation Canada
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Association for Family Mediation
- Former Director, Board of Directors, Advocates Society
- Board member of Centre 454, Ottawa
- Leadership Committee of the Ottawa Reginal Cancer Foundation of Ottawa and Volunteer for the Breakfast of Champions annual fundraiser
- Committee Member, Collaborative Family Law Panel (Ottawa)