Law Clerk, Manager of Corporate Services Dept.
Ottawa law clerk and manager of the Corporate Services Department, Sue Kavanagh has been a key member of Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall since 1990, assisting our Ottawa lawyers. Sue has over 30 years experience in corporate law including the incorporation and on-going maintenance of new businesses; mergers and acquisitions; due diligence reviews of corporate records; tax and corporate reorganizations; private and public company debt and equity financings; not-for-profit corporations; and various securities law matters.
Sue has been a speaker at many continuing legal education programs hosted by the Ottawa Association of Law Clerks, The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario and Insight. Sue is one of the founding members and has served on the Executive Committee of the Ottawa Association of Law Clerks since its inception in 1989.
Sue’s exceptional experience in advancing our clients’ business ensures all aspects of our client files are carried out with the utmost quality and efficiency.
- The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario, associate certificate
- The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario, securities fellowship course
- Ottawa Association of Law Clerks
- The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario
- Founder and member of the Executive Committee of the Ottawa Association of Law Clerks
- Former director of The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario
- Chair of The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Annual Conference; 2003 & 2011
- Chair, Ottawa Division, Continuing Legal Education, The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario
- Teacher, Algonquin College, Law Clerk Diploma program; 1997, 2006, 2008 & 2010
- Author of Chapter 3: Corporate Reorganizations: Amalgamations, Dissolutions/Windups and Rollovers, Advanced Corporate Business Transactions published by Emond Montgomery Publications Limited, 2006