Anthony P. McGlynn, firm Co-Chairman and Partner, leads the Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall Personal Legal Needs Group and the Estate Planning and Administration team. In addition, Anthony also remains actively involved in representing clients in a wide range of business law contexts and disciplines including non-profit corporations and charities, and owner-managed businesses.
With over 30 years of legal experience, Anthony has expertise in dealing with drafting wills and powers of attorney, as well as trusts and estate plans. He also has many years of experience dealing with will and trust interpretations, estate litigation, power of attorney disputes, passings of accounts, guardianship applications and related matters, dependant support claims, intestacies and administration bonds.
- Admitted to the Bar, 1986
- Best Lawyers' 2015 Ottawa Trusts and Estates "Lawyer of the Year"
- Best Lawyers 2013-2018 in Trusts and Estates
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent™ Rating
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Ottawa Estate Planning Council
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Canadian Society of Association Executives
- Sessional Lecturer/Professor, University of Ottawa Law School, Trusts Course, 2010-2012
- Board Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP – Ottawa Branch), 2007-2009
- President of the Ottawa Estate Planning Council 2005-06
- Past Chair, Ottawa Board of Trade (now known as the Ottawa Chamber of Commerce)
- Instructor, Estate Planning, Law Society of Upper Canada, Bar Admission Course
- Contributor, Estate and Trusts Journal
- Former Honourary Solicitor, Loeb Health Research Institute, The Ottawa Hospital
- Former Member and Treasurer, Board of Directors, Ottawa-Carleton Community Care Access Centre
- Former Member and President, Board of Directors, Ottawa-Carleton Placement Coordination Service
- "Challenging or Contesting a Will", Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, September 25, 2017.
- "Tax Benefits Available to Persons with Disabilities", Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, June 1, 2017.
- "Property and Assets in the Digital Age", Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, June 1, 2017.