Ronald G. Gravelle
A highly-esteemed Ottawa business lawyer at Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall with more than 50 years experience, Ron’s expertise encompasses all aspects of tax and estate planning. Ron counsels businesses and high net worth individuals in tax related, corporate and shareholder matters. Ron insightfully develops and assists in the implementation of family business succession plans; tax-advantaged purchases and sales of businesses; shareholder agreements; and personal estate plans, including wills, trusts and powers of attorney. In addition, Ron advises executors and trustees on estate administration and tax matters. Ron represents taxpayers in all manner of disputes with the Canada Revenue Agency.
With a commitment to legal education, Ron has shared his unparalleled store of legal knowledge as former Head of the Estate Planning and Administration section of the Bar Admission Course (Ottawa) and as a former sessional lecturer in Estate Planning at the Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa. He has also spoken at many continuing legal education programs for the Law Society of Upper Canada. Ron is an esteemed Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
Committed, personal service helps set our firm apart. Seasoned lawyers like Ron Gravelle help ensure we maintain that level of respected, trusted service, with an unwavering focus on client and community needs for today and in the future.
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 1971
- LL.B., University of Ottawa
- B.Sc., University of Ottawa
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- International Fiscal Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Canadian Bar Association
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Former Head of the Estate Planning and Administration section, Bar Admission Course (Ottawa)
- Former sessional lecturer, Estate Planning, Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa
- Speaker, Continuing Legal Education Programs, Law Society of Upper Canada