Joshua P. Moon
Joshua P. Moon, a Partner at Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall and one of our most experienced real estate and administrative lawyers in Ottawa. He is a leading legal practitioner in municipal planning, land development, commercial leasing, project finance, administrative law, and P3 infrastructure projects. He has successfully represented clients before numerous municipal councils and administrative tribunals, including the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (formerly the Ontario Municipal Board).
Josh joined the firm’s Real Estate Law Group in 1999 not only with impeccable legal credentials, but with extensive hands-on experience. Prior to joining the firm, he was Vice-President, General Counsel, and Director of Development for an Ottawa based property management and development company. Josh was a senior executive in property management and commercial development for almost a decade. In addition to his expertise in the law, Josh knows the National Capital Region, the market, the regulations and the people. With this solid, broad background, Josh manages major real estate transactions and projects with great efficiency, providing his clients with clarity and direction in a complex environment.
The law is often discussed in the theoretical realm, yet the impact of a legal decision is very real. A favorable determination or creative solution in infrastructure or land development projects can make the difference between breaking ground or not. Josh has been successful in getting client results.
- Admitted to the Bar, 1987
- LL.B., Osgood Hall Law School, 1985
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies, School of Urban and Regional Planning, University of Waterloo, 1980
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ottawa Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Board of Directors, Larrimac Golf and Tennis Club, Chelsea, Quebec, 2009-2016
- President, Larrimac Golf and Tennis Club, Chelsea, Quebec, 2012-2015
- Elected Councilor, Municipality of Chelsea, Quebec, 2004-2009
- Board of Directors (Six Years) and Past Corporate Secretary, Building Owners and Managers Association
- Past Chair, Downtown Rideau Board of Management
- Past Co-Chair, Building Owners and Managers Association Ottawa Telecommunications Education Committee
- Annual Lecturer, Building Owners and Managers Institute, Law Risk Management for Property Managers
- “Leasehold Improvements: Who Pays?”, Ottawa Business Journal, November 2007.
- “Municipal Finance is not the Same as Corporate Finance”, Ottawa Business Journal, May 2007.