Expertise > Real Estate
Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall LLP is one of the region’s leading construction law firms. We have longstanding relationships with clients throughout the construction industry, including; owners, project managers, construction managers, prime / general contractors, subcontractors, financial institutions, along with architectural, engineering, and design firms. They trust us to handle the entire range of issues they face.
Our Litigation, Real Estate, and Corporate groups comprise the firm’s full service support team advising and assisting clients throughout the entire lifecycle of construction projects, including with respect to:
- Bidding, tendering and awarding;
- Proposals, Procurement, Requests for Proposals, Public-Private Partnerships;
- Planning and development;
- Financing arrangements;
- Environmental assessments and regulations;
- Construction Contracts and Subcontracts including Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) design-build, stipulated price, cost plus contract and architect, engineer and other consultant contracts;
- Bid Bonds, Performance Bonds, Labour and Material Payment Bonds, Financial Security Bonds and Holdback Release Bonds;
- Contract negotiation, drafting and interpretation;
- Risk management decisions;
- Construction liens and lien actions;
- Claims, in Arbitration and in Court, regarding the above matters and breach of contract, design issues, payment, breach of trust, delay and bond claims;
As Ottawa’s largest local law firm, with over 40 years of experience in the National Capital Region, we have a unique understanding of the region’s construction industry and are ideally placed to provide expert, practical, and complete advice.
The foundation of a building goes beneath the concrete slabs and pylons that support its physical structure; it extends into the legal underpinnings. Our ability to draw on the expertise of colleagues practicing in other areas of the law, including tax law, contract law and litigation, ensures we are able to meet our clients’ needs and provide the best foundation for any project.