Martin Y. St-Onge
Partner, Head of Real Estate Group
As a member of the Real Estate Law Group at Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall, Martin Y. St-Onge is one of our real estate lawyers in Ottawa, working tirelessly on behalf of his clients, specializing in commercial real estate transactions, leasing, mortgage enforcement, secured financing, and infrastructure projects. Martin represents several of Canada’s largest financial institutions in the areas of lending and secured financings.
An example of our firm’s commitment to bringing in and developing elite legal talent, Martin joined Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall in 2002 as an articling student and has been with the firm’s Real Estate Law Group since being called to the Bar in 2003. In addition to his sound legal knowledge and acumen, Martin brings to our firm a client-focused approach that starts with superior listening skills. With a commitment to communication and a demonstrated ability to explain complex issues in plain language (both French and English), Martin is able to bring clarity to our client’s situation, offering sound recommendations and direction they can work with.
A graduate of the University of Ottawa’s French Common Law program, Martin began his studies at Laurentian University in Sudbury, where he received his Bachelor of Arts. Martin is actively carrying on our firm’s commitment to the region, working with local charities and not-for-profit organizations including the Ottawa Food Bank and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Admitted to Ontario Bar, 2003
- LL.B., University of Ottawa, 2002
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Recipient, Forty Under 40, Ottawa Business Journal/Ottawa Chamber of Commerce Award (2015)
- Co-Chair, Helping Kids be Kids Again, a Charity Golf Classic in Support of the Make-A-Wish Foundation (2004-2014)
- Member, Organizing Committee, LAWZFEST Annual benefit concert in support of the Ottawa Food Bank (2008-2011)
- Member, Organizing Committee, CCLA Annual Solicitors Conference
- “Bill 55 – Shifting the Cost into the Hands of the Average Homeowner“, Perley-Roberston, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, January 2013.
- “The Application of HST to Used Residential Real Estate“, Perley-Roberston, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca, November 2011.
- “Should I worry about a “standard” commercial lease?“, Ottawa Business Journal, November 2008.
- “New Land Transfer Tax Rebates For First Time Home Buyers“, Ottawa Business Journal, May 2008.
- “Benefits of Using a Corporate Trust to Acquire Property”, Ottawa Business Journal, January 2007.