Jean-Marc Eddie is a Partner and Ottawa lawyer at Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall. His thriving litigation practice includes commercial, employment, labour, and insurance on behalf of individuals and businesses.
Jean-Marc has represented clients before various boards and tribunals and has appeared before all levels of court including the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Divisional Court, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Québec Superior Court and the Québec Court of Appeal.
A recognized expert and educator, Jean-Marc was, for a number of years, an adjunct professor at the University Ottawa Law School teaching administrative law, civil procedure and labour law. He was also an Instructor (Civil Procedure) at the Law Society of Upper- Canada Bar Admission Course.
Jean-Marc has built his career, his reputation, and his successful practice at Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall, from his time as an articling student to Partner. He brings the same focus and commitment to his clients.
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 1992
- Bar Admission Course, Law Society of Upper-Canada, 1991-1992
- Baccalaureate in Civil Law (LL.L), University of Ottawa, 1990
- Baccalaureate in Common Law (LL.B), University of Ottawa, 1989
- Baccalaureate in Political Science, Université Laval, 1986
- Canadian Bar Association
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Association des juristes d’expression française de l’Ontario
- Canadian Association of Law Teachers
- Professor, Civil Procedure, University of Ottawa Law School
- Professor, Administrative Law, University of Ottawa Law School
- Professor, Labour Law, University of Ottawa Law School
- Instructor, Civil Procedure, Law Society of Upper Canada Bar Admission Course
- Past Chair, Fondation du Centre Psycho-Social d’Ottawa